Wednesday, January 21, 2009

#11 Its Valentine's Day round the corner...

No doubt, many will agree that Valentine's day is a concentrated marketing effort to bring up sales for the related lovers' product as time goes by.

For the unromantic guys, you wonder why is there such a day call Valentine's Day.

Well, this day is named after two among the numerous Early Christian martyrs named Valentine and it has became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages when the tradition of courtly love florished.

Since then, it has become a day for people to express their loves freely by sending postcards or love poems. (according to Wikipedia) Gradually, it has evolve to sending gifts like flowers and presents.

And because of the marketing, I bet guys are preparing to smash the little dirty rusty piggy coinbank to get ready for the jack-up-prices of the roses. (It isn't really worth to buy but what can you do if the ladies love them??!!) But do you know how many roses to buy and what does it mean? Read on...

NOTE: You should never send a woman 12 roses! Send 11 only which means 'You're my 1 and only 1"

No of roses:
#1 = You're the 1 that I love
#2 = I think loving 2 is more cool
#3 = I LOVE U (3 words)
#5 = I LOVE U (5 letters)
#8 = I LOVE YOU (8 letters)
#8 = You have a curvacious body
#11 = You're my 1 and only 1
#12 = You're my first 1 but I have a 2nd love too
#69 = Lady, are you ready to shag?
#101 = You will be my 1st and last 1
#543 = Undying love (in cantonese)
#666 = Let's go to hell together
#1001 = I shall START and END my life with you...
#anything more than 1001 = please help to save the environment!!!

A bouquet of flowers is a must on Valentine's day especially if both of you are dining out. What can make a girl more happy than holding onto a bouquet of flowers on the street comparing to those who do not have one?

For the singles ladies, stop all the self-pitying and might as well get your favourite flower for yourself. Better still, celebrate this day with your friends because Valentine's day is also known as Friendship day too!

No comments: